This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New register allocator branch created (fwd)
- To: dberlin at redhat dot com (Daniel Berlin)
- Subject: Re: New register allocator branch created (fwd)
- From: Joern Rennecke <amylaar at cambridge dot redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 07:34:44 +0000 (GMT)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> This problem is caused by this pseudo having a preferred class of
> INDEX_REGS and an alternate of GENERAL_REGS, even though it *can't* use
Neither preferred nor alternate class are guaranteed to work without
reloading. They are only supposed to be register classes that are
cheaper than spilling the pseudo to memory.