This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: New register allocator branch created
- To: Geert Bosch <bosch at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: New register allocator branch created
- From: Toon Moene <toon at moene dot indiv dot nluug dot nl>
- Date: Sun, 28 Jan 2001 22:40:33 +0100
- CC: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>, "gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org" <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Organization: Moene Computational Physics, Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
- References: <20010128212958.8252834D80@nile.gnat.com>
Geert Bosch wrote:
> On Sun, 28 Jan 2001 16:13:19 -0500 (EST), Daniel Berlin wrote:
> The costliest move calculation bug should have been cuasing segfaults on
> x86 for you.
> Correct. The stage1 compiler would SEGV all over the place :-)
> I'll try out your fixes as soon as I manage to update my tree.
> BTW. How do I do an cvs update of the tree? It seems that if I
> do 'cvs update -jnew-regalloc-branch gcc' I get complaints about
> the new files already existing. (As you can figure out, I'm a newbie
> in using branches with CVS.)
The way I'd do it - but I have to keep the current CVS head as well - is
to create a new directory, say `NRA' (dodges ;-) and cd to it; then:
cvs -z 9 co -rnew-regalloc-branch gcc
and procede from there ...
Dan, results for Fortran will have to wait a bit, as I'm installing an
ISDN connection right now :-)
Toon Moene - mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org - phoneto: +31 346 214290
Saturnushof 14, 3738 XG Maartensdijk, The Netherlands
Maintainer, GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
Join GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)