Re: -fno-weak, typeinfo, and AIX

    Jason> I think it would make sense to use a placeholder in common
    Jason> on targets that don't support weak symbols, like we did in
    Jason> the old ABI, and like EDG does.

That's a good idea.

But, that requires much more intrusive changes, and now is not the
time for that.  We're just trying to get stuff working. :-)

That's what I meant in my later post by `space optimizations'.  We can
certainly do that, on the branch, if anyone is motivated -- but for
now we want to prove that V3 builds and works on AIX.

Of course, if someone else wants to do this, that's fine by me...