This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Graph coloring for register allocation?
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: Re: Graph coloring for register allocation?
- From: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 24 Jan 2001 13:08:05 -0500 (EST)
- cc: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
> SMALL_REGISTER_CLASSES (and therefore all kinds of cruft all over the place).
> Inability to run the scheduler before register allocation on some machines.
Unless i'm mistaken, all the papers i've looked at(save one or two, i
think Chow and Hennessy didn't, it's hard to recall) require that
scheduling be run before register allocation.