This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Progress report on fixup_var_refs bottleneck
- To: zackw at stanford dot edu
- Subject: Re: Progress report on fixup_var_refs bottleneck
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:23:35 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20010122130254.C14987@wolery.stanford.edu>
>>>>> "Zack" == Zack Weinberg <email@example.com> writes:
Zack> ramifications. I anticipate serious destabilization due to
Zack> the patch.
Thanks for the update. The good news is that it sounds like you're on
the right track, and that what you're doing will have major long term
win. I have seen these functions dominate the profile on more than
one occasion due to the quadratic behavior. So, keep at it -- we'll
figure out whether to put the patch on the branch or not after testing
it some on the mainline.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com