This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Testsuite and Fortran
- To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Subject: Re: Testsuite and Fortran
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Mon, 22 Jan 2001 21:28:26 +0100 (CET)
On Mon, 22 Jan 2001, Gerald Pfeifer wrote:
> I usually configure my tree without Fortran.
I realized that I haven't been clear enough!
The problem is that I configured *without* Fortran, and then the testsuite
used an old version of g77 in my path.
There are two bugs here, IMO:
1. Frontends that have not been configured should not be tested by
2. Even *if* frontend that has not been configured is tested (either
as a result of the first bug or explicitly), never ever should an
installed version be used, just because it is in the path.
Instead, an error message should be issued.
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/