This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Graph coloring for register allocation?
- To: Daniel Berlin <dberlin at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Graph coloring for register allocation?
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 19:09:43 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>, Untitled <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>, Stan Shebs <shebs at apple dot com>
On Wed, 17 Jan 2001, Daniel Berlin wrote:
> I've been working on, besides the SSA value numbering stuff (which works
> nicely, I'm just putting the finishing touches on it before contributing.
> Probably be a few weeks. ), an register allocator that also does live range
> splitting. It's based on optimistic register coalescing
> This is, from what I understand, pretty close to state of the art, if not
> there already.
Is this any relation to David Miller's register allocator that was being
written a couple of years ago (e.g.
http://gcc.gnu.org/ml/gcc/1999-01n/msg00221.html), or is that now a dead
Joseph S. Myers