Re: Java web pages

Tom Tromey <tromey@redhat.com> writes:

> Someone (I forgot who, sorry) mentioned renaming the java-discuss
> mailing list to just "java" when moving it.  I'm guessing it will be
> easier for me to simply keep the same name.  Is there a strong reason
> to rename it?

Well, it depands.  What is the list about?
(1) Java in general,
(2) GNU Java in general,
(3) free/open-source Java in general, or
(4) specifically about gcj, libgcj and issues related to their
use and implementation.

The names "java-discuss" and "java" both sound like (1).
In practice the list is actually (4), which I think is fine.
So perhaps "gcj-discuss" or just "gcj" would be better.
Perhaps "java@gcc.gnu.org" implies that but I think a
more specific name might be better.
--
	--Per Bothner