This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: build tree nodes vs expand as you go
- To: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Subject: Re: build tree nodes vs expand as you go
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 17 Jan 2001 04:27:12 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20001221192159.A9474@hg.cs.mu.oz.au> <20001222101649.B23382@redhat.com> <20010117224218.C1338@hg.cs.mu.oz.au>
On Wed, Jan 17, 2001 at 10:42:18PM +1100, Fergus Henderson wrote:
> One of them is that the long term vision doesn't seem to fit with the
> current way of handling switches.
Unfortunately we don't have that language-independant tree
representation for statements yet. We have two very different
language specific tree representations for those.
> I think I would prefer to wait until there is a language
> independent representation that I can compile to before I go this route.
Fine. It doesn't sound like it'd take you much to change
when we have a complete interface ready for you to use.