This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: redhat rawhide
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: redhat rawhide
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 15:27:01 -0700
- cc: gte203h at prism dot gatech dot edu ("mitch(rezn)"), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <200101162006.MAA26137@racerx.synopsys.com>you write:
> > I decided to check out redhat's rawhide directory and of course they
> > have gcc 2.96 in there even after the whole redhat 7.0 battle with it.
> > Is anyone going to smack some sense into them?
> Please, let's not start another flame war on this topic on this list.
> Surely there's some Red Hat user mailing list you can use.
Like Joe, I don't want to start another flame war here. But just so
Red Hat will be sticking with the same base compiler for its next release;
it will (of course) have bugfixes since the Red Hat 7 release.
I'm in the process of working with the various groups inside Red Hat to
make sure we have appropriate documentation on precisely what compilers
we're using, why we're using them, that will be made available to everyone
Flames to /dev/null please :-)