This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [gcc website] 2.5.8 missing in timeline
- To: charles at comm dot polymtl dot ca (Charles Levert)
- Subject: Re: [gcc website] 2.5.8 missing in timeline
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 12:12:59 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> The 2.5.8 release of gcc is missing from the list at
> The web page mentions that "evidence for a missing release date"
> is seeked, so here it is.
> This line is from a ftp "dir" made sometime in February of 1994
> in /pub/gnu on prep.ai.mit.edu:
> -rw-r--r-- 1 14910 wheel 5997896 Jan 24 08:03 gcc-2.5.8.tar.gz
I can confirm that date (from an RCS log for the obsolete g++ FAQ).