This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Is this a gcc bug?
- To: amylaar at cambridge dot redhat dot com, geoffk at geoffk dot org
- Subject: Re: Is this a gcc bug?
- From: dewar at gnat dot com
- Date: Sun, 14 Jan 2001 08:31:57 -0500 (EST)
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
<<The standard doesn't distinguish between 'run time' and 'compile
That's a misunderstanding, yes, of course the standard distinguishes
between dynamic and static semantics. When you write a printf statement,
it does not generate output at compile time, and the standard is pretty
clear on this point :-)