This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: gcc DWARF debug info for PowerPC
- To: Gregg K Gibson <gkgibson at us dot ibm dot com>
- Subject: Re: gcc DWARF debug info for PowerPC
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Sat, 13 Jan 2001 20:07:10 -0800
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <OFC9BCE0CA.286B5D77-ON852569D0.0070442A@raleigh.ibm.com>
On Wed, Jan 10, 2001 at 03:40:14PM -0500, Gregg K Gibson wrote:
> Analizing the debug info in the compiled binary, it looks like the
> addresses listed are absolute target addresses rather than just
> offsets into the binary file, which is causing RISCWatch to choke.
It is very likely that you have a custom link script, and
that you have omitted the bits that place dwarf sections
at VMA 0. GCC relies on this. Look at the default link
scripts for examples of how this should be done.