This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: _Qp_xxx functions for sparc
- To: Olivier Hainque <hainque at act-europe dot fr>
- Subject: Re: _Qp_xxx functions for sparc
- From: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
- Date: Thu, 11 Jan 2001 10:26:50 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-To: Jakub Jelinek <jakub at redhat dot com>
On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 10:16:09AM +0100, Olivier Hainque wrote:
> Looking at the sparc specific files, I noticed references to a _Qp_*
> familly of functions for various floating point computations.
> Can someone please enlighten me about what these functions are precisely
> and where they are supposed to be found.
They are part of SPARC v9 ABI, see http://www.sparc.com/standards.html
for details. The _Qp_* functions in particular do software TFmode math.
They are defined in glibc on linux and I believe in libc on Solaris.