This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -std's (was Re: v3 link failures analyzed)
- To: Gabriel Dos Reis <gdr at codesourcery dot com>
- Subject: Re: -std's (was Re: v3 link failures analyzed)
- From: "Joseph S. Myers" <jsm28 at cam dot ac dot uk>
- Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 19:45:02 +0000 (GMT)
- cc: <libstdc++ at gcc dot gnu dot org>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On 10 Jan 2001, Gabriel Dos Reis wrote:
> When you just want to compile a program with the most recent
> standard without having to keep that of xxx:yyyy. We shouldn't get
> more pendatic than necessary. It is a practical matter.
If changing a Makefile once a decade is felt to be undue effort for this,
then perhaps the option should be -std=iso9899 (for C - at present meaning
iso9899:199409 until C99 support is complete) and -std=iso14882 (for C++)
without qualifying dates?
Joseph S. Myers