Re: GCC build failed with your patch on 2001-01-09T11:35:00Z.

  In message <200101092123.NAA10661@geoffk.org>you write:
   > > 	I would love to have the rs6000 port fixed.  I have been examining
  > > this recently and Geoff also investigated this in the past.  Richard and
  > > Mark both would be helped by being able to run the rs6000 port hosted on
  > > 64-bit systems.  If we want to make a concerted effort to fix this and
  > > strenuously test it, I will be happy to help.  Fixing the rs6000 port
  > > means destabilizing it, and possibly common parts of the compiler as well
  > .
  >
  > As you can see from the first message above, part of the fix is known
  > to cause a problem on PA.
To reiterate, one of the patches to "fix" this problem was clearly broken,
not just on the PA, but on a variety of targets.

I posted a message which showed why.  I don't remember when though, which
makes it harder to find it :-)

I'm willing to look for it if someone cares.

jeff