This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- To: ak at muc dot de (Andi Kleen)
- Subject: Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- From: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 12:56:21 -0800 (PST)
- Cc: mark at codesourcery dot com (Mark Mitchell), gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
> Why? On a U/WIN host the Uwin library is a system library (because U/WIN is the
> system), and the GPL allows linking with proprietary system libraries.
A user of U/WIN would be puzzled at the concept "a U/WIN host".
Furthermore when a GPLed application is built for U/WIN, the result
is not "a U/WIN application"; it is a Windows application, and can
be used in the normal Windows environment and not just the U/WIN
U/WIN is marketed as a package that runs on Windows systems that brings
extra functionality to WIN32 applications. I challenge anyone to find
that implies in any way that U/WIN is an OS.