Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN

    Mumit> As someone who worked on x86 UWIN support, I'm obviously
    Mumit> interested in this issue. As I understand from the messages
    Mumit> so far, it is in violation of the GPL to *distribute* UWIN
    Mumit> linked binaries; but is it a violation if a user takes the
    Mumit> gcc source distribution and then builds it on a system that
    Mumit> has UWIN installed?

I believe not.  As others have said, I believe that if every user
builds GCC by herself, then there is no violation.  I'm not sure what
happens in a corporate environment if IT builds GCC and puts it on a
server that others use, or emails it to people in remote offices.  All
of these questions are good -- but I'm not qualified to answer them.

As with all such questions, you should ask the FSF -- and an attorney.

    Mumit> Doesn't x86/alpha Interix support also fall under the same
    Mumit> cloud then?

I don't know enough of the details, but that sounds plausible.

I just work here...