This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- To: Axel Kittenberger <Anshil at gmx dot net>
- Subject: Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- From: Florian Weimer <Florian dot Weimer at RUS dot Uni-Stuttgart dot DE>
- Date: 09 Jan 2001 13:54:01 +0100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Axel Kittenberger <Anshil@gmx.net> writes:
> As far I understood it you also cannot link a GPL application with an
> commercial librabray.
Don't use 'commercial', please. Use 'non-free'.
| However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not
| include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or
| binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on)
| of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that
| component itself accompanies the executable.
If U[/]WIN is the host system, I don't see the point. Its libraries
fall almost certainly in this category. Maybe the U/WIN license
prohibits redistribution, but this is a different story.
Florian Weimer Florian.Weimer@RUS.Uni-Stuttgart.DE
University of Stuttgart http://cert.uni-stuttgart.de/
RUS-CERT +49-711-685-5973/fax +49-711-685-5898