Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN

> It's only when you do it the other way around the GPL comes into
> affect;
>
> If you have a commercial program and link with a GPL library, then
> it's a violation of the GPL if the commercial program is not GPL.
>
> I am very interested in your reasoning about this;  Any change you can
> point me out to the information/person on which you base your
> statement?

Okay to add to the debatte...

As far I understood it you also cannot link a GPL application with an
commercial librabray.

However if you are the Author (Copyright holder) of your GPL application
you can simply add an exception to the license to allow linking to this one
(or more) specific
A year ago or so I pestered the FSF exactly regarding this :)

Unfortunally I lost the exact disclamer template...