This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Removal of support for GCC hosted on UWIN
- From: Nick Ing-Simmons <nik at tiuk dot ti dot com>
- Date: Tue, 9 Jan 2001 10:36:51 GMT
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, David Korn <dkorn at pixelpower dot com>
- Organization: via, but not speaking for : Texas Instruments Ltd.
- References: <718D38CAB6E0D011B2C90060970C28A564257C@EXCHANGESERVER> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-To: Nick Ing-Simmons <nik at tiuk dot ti dot com>
Alexandre Oliva <email@example.com> writes:
>On Jan 9, 2001, David Korn <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Wouldn't it be possible to just disable statically linking the shared lib?
>The GNU GPL doesn't make any difference between linking with a shared
>or static library.
So how does a binary that links (say) HPUX's libc.sl, or Sun's libc.so
Nick Ing-Simmons <email@example.com>
Via, but not speaking for: Texas Instruments Ltd.