This is the mail archive of the gcc@gcc.gnu.org mailing list for the GCC project.


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]

RE: H8S & version 2.8.1


Title: RE: H8S & version 2.8.1

Hi,

> I currently have access to release 2.8.1, for which I use to produce
> executables.  However, I have a requirement to generate code
> for the H8S
> processor (.r37).  When using the command 'gcc -ms main.c' ,
> cc1.exe returns
> a response of - Invalid option 's'.

You might have to use h8300-hms-gcc or something instead of gcc.  This depends on how you installed the compiler.  If you don't have h8300-hms-gcc, I would try gcc -b h8300-hms -ms.

>  Should I download the most recent release
> (2.95.2).

I have a small web page dedicated for GNU H8 tools.

http://www.hdl.co.jp/~kban/h8300-hms/

In particular, the following, a patch for 2.95.2, might be useful as it has several fixes (and a small improvement).

http://www.hdl.co.jp/~kban/h8300-hms/h8300-hms-gcc-2.95.2-7.patch

Hope this helps.

Kazu Hirata


Index Nav: [Date Index] [Subject Index] [Author Index] [Thread Index]
Message Nav: [Date Prev] [Date Next] [Thread Prev] [Thread Next]