Re: more build problems, sun sparc solaris 2.7

Alexandre Petit-Bianco wrote:

> > I'm having trouble to build the tree on a solarias-2.7 and
> > i686-pc-gnu-linux and those the only machines I have access to.
>
> Solaris is known not to build and was advertised as such. x86/linux
> should build. What are you seeing?

Most likely the problem is the "cannot bootstrap" issue. You currently
get a broken gcj if you do a bootstrap build of the compiler,
therefore it is simply going to be broken for many/most users. Which
sucks.

Alex: I'm not so sure that this is actually a ggc problem now. I did a
build using ggc-none.o and the same problem still occurs.

regards

  [ bryce ]