This is the mail archive of the
gcc@gcc.gnu.org
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: sjlj CFG improvement
- To: Joe Buck <jbuck at racerx dot synopsys dot com>
- Subject: Re: sjlj CFG improvement
- From: Marc Espie <espie at schutzenberger dot liafa dot jussieu dot fr>
- Date: Sun, 10 Dec 2000 00:17:18 +0100
- Cc: Michael Matz <matzmich at cs dot tu-berlin dot de>, Marc Espie <espie at quatramaran dot ens dot fr>, law at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <Pine.GSO.4.21.0012090704470.3837-100000@platon> <200012091634.IAA13683@racerx.synopsys.com>
- Reply-To: Marc dot Espie at liafa dot jussieu dot fr
On Sat, Dec 09, 2000 at 08:34:23AM -0800, Joe Buck wrote:
> We need a test case. But if 2.95.2 can't hack QT without hundreds of Mb
> of VM and we have a patch to fix this, we should seriously consider
> backporting the patch. Using vast amounts of memory isn't just quality
> of implementation: for users who don't have that memory, they are hosed.
As far as kde2 goes, I've run into the problem for a beta of kde2 (1.95),
where exception handling was not disabled yet, if memory serves right...
I've rechecked that kcontrol/background/bgsettings.cpp does compile fine
with exception handling disabled, in kde 2.0.
qt2 still has the problem. qrichtext.cpp is that major offender. It goes
over 200MB to compile with sjlj.
I've noticed it because I tried to use dwarf2 under OpenBSD (not quite
finished yet) and memory usage went down drastically on that specific file.