Re: Installing egcs-1.1.2

On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 c958179@student.dtu.dk wrote:
> I am not an exprienced unix user. Therefore I am getting confused.
> Can't you be more specific? Then I will be very delightfull.
> What should I do after I unpacked egcs-1.1.2 full distribution package in
> a directory called egcs-1.1.2?

First of all, I strongly recommend to use GCC 2.95.2, not egcs.

You'll find instructions on where to obtain GCC 2.95.2 from our install
web pages at <http://gcc.gnu.org/install/>.

> And I don't have any previosly installed cc compiler.

Then you can't build GCC by your own but need to install a precompiled
version. We have pointers to these on our main web page ("Binaries").

Gerald