This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Installing egcs-1.1.2
- To: <c958179 at student dot dtu dot dk>
- Subject: Re: Installing egcs-1.1.2
- From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer at dbai dot tuwien dot ac dot at>
- Date: Wed, 29 Nov 2000 13:05:09 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Alexandre Oliva <aoliva at redhat dot com>, Erik Mouw <J dot A dot K dot Mouw at its dot tudelft dot nl>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
- Reply-To: <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
On Wed, 29 Nov 2000 email@example.com wrote:
> I am not an exprienced unix user. Therefore I am getting confused.
> Can't you be more specific? Then I will be very delightfull.
> What should I do after I unpacked egcs-1.1.2 full distribution package in
> a directory called egcs-1.1.2?
First of all, I strongly recommend to use GCC 2.95.2, not egcs.
You'll find instructions on where to obtain GCC 2.95.2 from our install
web pages at <http://gcc.gnu.org/install/>.
> And I don't have any previosly installed cc compiler.
Then you can't build GCC by your own but need to install a precompiled
version. We have pointers to these on our main web page ("Binaries").
Gerald "Jerry" firstname.lastname@example.org http://www.dbai.tuwien.ac.at/~pfeifer/