This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
- To: nathan at codesourcery dot com
- Subject: Re: c++/890
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 10:13:45 -0800
- Cc: djm at cs dot mu dot oz dot au, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org><200011280405.eAS45JP01605@bright.bright.com.au><3A238C48.7D184B6F@codesourcery.com>
>>>>> "Nathan" == Nathan Sidwell <email@example.com> writes:
Nathan> Should this error be downgraded to a warning in the
Nathan> presence of -fpermissive?
Nah. Exception specifications are a relatively progressive C++
feature; it's fine to be strict about this. Allowing incomplete types
is only asking for trouble later when we forget and start assuming
they're complete somewhere else.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com