This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Modes on CONST_INTs
- To: Geoff Keating <geoffk at redhat dot com>
- Subject: Re: Modes on CONST_INTs
- From: Jeffrey A Law <law at redhat dot com>
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 16:38:00 -0700
- cc: hans-peter dot nilsson at axis dot com, bernds at redhat dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <200011272338.PAA00485@geoffk.org>you write:
> > Date: Tue, 28 Nov 2000 00:14:33 +0100
> > From: Hans-Peter Nilsson <email@example.com>
> > I mean "we have currently" as in "we have currently because of
> > the current implementation of immed_double_const and trunc_int_for_mode".
> > I have a feeling that that's deliberately done that way to
> > distinguish signed from unsigned uses.
> Last I looked, the only reason that trunc_int_for_mode etc. were not
> changed is because it broke the PA port. I haven't been able to
> find a PA machine to see why this might break it, and therefore
> the patch didn't make progress.
I believe I posted a small testcase and analysis which clearly showed the
patch was broken. I believe the author even agreed and withdrew the