This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: forcing tail/sibling call optimization
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: forcing tail/sibling call optimization
- From: Lars Brinkhoff <lars dot spam at nocrew dot org>
- Date: 27 Nov 2000 20:21:18 +0100
- Cc: Andi Kleen <ak at muc dot de>, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: nocrew
- References: <518.975347343@upchuck>
Jeffrey A Law <email@example.com> writes:
> > Well, I think Fergus' whole point of the extension was to use
> > gcc as a backend for language compilers that have this
> > requirement.
> I would think it would be better to actually write a true front-end for
> the source language.
Or a front-end for C--.
> > That would require putting the whole program into a single
> > function, which given the current gcc optimizer's runtimes is
> > surely to end with a very slow compile process for anything
> > >-O0.
Been there, done that, ran out of virtual memory.