Re: forcing tail/sibling call optimization

Jeff> Instead of tagging the return itself, couldn't we use an attribute which
Jeff> would (in effect) tell the optimizer that any tail call in the function
Jeff> is safe to optimize?  Yes, we lose the ability to specify that a specific
Jeff> call site is safe to optimize, but we don't have to invent yet another
Jeff> GCC extension of dubious value.

	I completely agree that this should be implemented using the GCC
Extension of function attributes and not a new call-site keyword.

David