Re: Testsuite documentation

> Date: Sun, 26 Nov 2000 23:03:52 +0100 (CET)
> From: Gerald Pfeifer <pfeifer@dbai.tuwien.ac.at>
> To: <gcc@gcc.gnu.org>

> While working on that today, I noticed that the documentation seems to
> be incomplete.

> I'd really appreciate if those of you familiar with our testsuites could
> have a look at http://gcc.gnu.org/install/test.html and provide patches
> or feedback (and I'll write up the documentation then).

> Mike? ;-)

Well, I am the wrong person.  See, I know exactly how it works, and
how to make it sing already.  The ideal person, would be someone that
knows how to build and insall GNU software, but has never tested gcc
before.  If they can follow it and understand it...

I glanced at it, and what is there seems to be about right.

We could make it slightly easier to use and submit results by
including the build and submission of results into a make rule.  We
then document just the make rule.