This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: forcing tail/sibling call optimization
- To: dewar at gnat dot com (Robert Dewar)
- Subject: Re: forcing tail/sibling call optimization
- From: Fergus Henderson <fjh at cs dot mu dot oz dot au>
- Date: Mon, 27 Nov 2000 08:43:29 +1100
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <20001126161445.8878634D82@nile.gnat.com>
On 26-Nov-2000, Robert Dewar <email@example.com> wrote:
> The formal definition seems quite reasonable here, but I must say
> I dislike the syntax [...]
OK, you've convinced me that reusing `goto' is a bad idea.
How about `return __tailcall <func> ( <args> ) ;'?
Fergus Henderson <firstname.lastname@example.org> | "I have always known that the pursuit
| of excellence is a lethal habit"
WWW: <http://www.cs.mu.oz.au/~fjh> | -- the last words of T. S. Garp.