Re: GNU Fortran90?

Andrew Vaught wrote:

> I wrote:

> >Note that Andy Vaught decided months ago to decompose all array
> >arithmetic into its consituent loops in g95 because that makes code
> >generation much easier.

>   This isn't quite correct.  Vector expressions are stored as such in
> g95's intermediate structures.  If there is a mechanism in the GBE for
> implementing a vector expression then we can use it.  If not, we have to
> generate the tree structures with loops that are equivalent to the vector
> expression.  Another possibility is generating tree structures that take
> advantage of multiple processors via a standard thread interface.

Ugh, sorry for spreading this misinformation - apparently I
misunderstood what you wrote several months ago.

      DO I = 1, 100
         WRITE(6,*)'I should look into g95 internals more often.'
      ENDDO

GNU Fortran 77: http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/g77_news.html
GNU Fortran 95: http://g95.sourceforge.net/ (under construction)