Re: forcing tail/sibling call optimization

<<So, any comments?  If I were to provide a clean patch that implements
this feature, together with documentation giving a clear specification,
would you be happy to have this change included in future versions of
GNU C?

How about two steps here. First the clear specification, then the decision
as to whether this extension makes sense (I have trouble seeing what this
clear specification would look like). I think it is very important that
extensions to GNU be very clearly defined.