This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: [patches] Re: CC register for x86-64 asm statements. Was: glibc: syscalls for x86-64
- To: Robert Dewar <dewar at gnat dot com>
- Subject: Re: [patches] Re: CC register for x86-64 asm statements. Was: glibc: syscalls for x86-64
- From: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>
- Date: Thu, 23 Nov 2000 19:49:11 +0100
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, jh at suse dot cz, discuss at x86-64 dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org, patches at x86-64 dot org
- References: <20001122133126.D311A34D80@nile.gnat.com>
> Question, is each flag treated separately in the clobbers consideration
> or not (certainly it should be, since there are instructions that
> affect only some flags)?
It is not - we have different modes for CC registers that represent flags
I was actually thinking about this model, but it has number of drawbacks,
basically in extreme bloat in the internal representation and complications
on md part so it probably don't worth the gain.