This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: CC register for x86-64 asm statements. Was: glibc: syscalls for x86-64
- To: Andreas Jaeger <aj at suse dot de>
- Subject: Re: CC register for x86-64 asm statements. Was: glibc: syscalls for x86-64
- From: Richard Henderson <rth at redhat dot com>
- Date: Wed, 22 Nov 2000 11:03:10 -0800
- Cc: Jan Hubicka <jh at suse dot cz>, discuss at x86-64 dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <20001122100931.E29230@atrey.karlin.mff.cuni.cz> <email@example.com>
On Wed, Nov 22, 2000 at 11:30:08AM +0100, Andreas Jaeger wrote:
> > So I would preffer to stay with the current scheme.
> > Someone is against?
> Not really, since most lazy programmers will either forgot the "cc"
> clobber - or add it always to be on the safe side.
I agree. There are few enough instructions that don't
clobber flags that there is often little benefit.