Re: SC confidentiality

    On the other hand, there is some value in having the opportunity to
    discuss delicate issues in confidence.  In my experience, which is
    very limited relative to a lot of the more senior SC members, there
    are no technical dicussions -- almost all discussions are about things
    like possible inappropriate behavior on the part of individuals,
    policies for dealing with copyright assignment paperwork, strategies
    for handling events that might cause confusion about GCC or the GNU
    Project, and so forth.

I agree that a free and open exchange of ideas requires
confidentiality of those discussions.  However, I think a lot of the
concerns that were expressed recently could be dealt with by having
the SC prepare a summary of the discussions leading to each
possibly-contentious decision including, when appropriate, which
people took which views if the decision was not unanimous.