Re: New ABI EH (was Re: C++ PATCH: Switch to the new ABI)

In article <20001120105336O.mitchell@codesourcery.com> you write:
>Perhaps.  I take it that Red Hat is not planning on contributing any
>IA64 EH C++ stuff?  (I thought that you guys might be doing this as
>part of your IA64 work; if you're not, then it would be helpful to
>know that.)

We are implementing everything in the IA-64 ABI, which is defined by the
IA-64 psABI and the SCRA.  We are not implementing anything in the IA-64 C++
ABI.

This means we have basically everything except the unwind API defined in the
IA-64 C++ ABI.  C++ EH does work, and it does use IA-64 unwind sections, but
it doesn't use the C++ unwind API.  It uses essentially the same API as the
current dwarf2 based unwinder.

The unwind API is on our wish list, but we have more than enough non-C++
stuff to keep us busy for a long time, so it isn't clear when we will get
to this.

Jim