Re: Removal of V2 code

    Marc> Well, some other people take a more conservative approach
    Marc> and don't want to unleash DEVELOPMENT code on the general
    Marc> public.

In at least a narrow interpretation, we're not talking about that.
The GCC code will be tested, stable, etc.  The issue is whether or not
all the supporting tools will have caught up.

I hope they will have, and as GCC people, we should encourage those
people to catch up.  But, everyone has their own priorities, and
exactly what the GDB folks (for example) are up to is not something
the GCC SC really knows about.

This is a weakness is the free software development model: there isn't
a global, centralizing authority to make everything happen in a
coordinated way.  Companies (Red Hat, SuSE, etc.) have sprung up to
provide that value add.  And that lack of central authority is also
the strength of the free software model.