Re: user hostile gobbledygook in top level Makefile

  In message <20001119144824.F17712@wolery.stanford.edu>you write:
  > So I'm trying to figure out why I can't override BOOT_CFLAGS on the
  > command line from the top level - not in the gcc subdirectory - and I
  > see this in the top Makefile.in:
I've stated before that before hacking this code any further that I'd
like to see someone sit down and actually attempt to understand and
document how this mess of spaghetti code works.

Every time we've hacked this code we've messed something up -- which is
a good indication that it's time for a redesign, not ongoing twiddles.

jeff