Removal of V2 code

I plan on doing a `cvs remove' on the V2 sources, and removing the
configury bits for V2 at the end of next week as things seem to be
settling OK with V3.  (There are still some AIX issues with V3, but
they seem to be well on the path to resolution.)

If you have objections to this plan (i.e., you need the V2 sources to
continue your work), you should:

  - Try hard to get V3 working on your platform.

  - Complain to me.  Explain why you can't switch to V3, and what
    you need in order to make that happen.

We can keep V2 in the tree for a bit longer, if we need to, but you'll
have to come up with a good reason... :-)