This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: rs6000.c / PPc-EABI / VxWorks / varargs / 2.95.2 vs. 2.7.2
- To: Mike Stump <mrs at windriver dot com>
- Subject: Re: rs6000.c / PPc-EABI / VxWorks / varargs / 2.95.2 vs. 2.7.2
- From: David Edelsohn <dje at watson dot ibm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 11:25:23 -0500
- cc: dkorn at pixelpower dot com, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
gcc-2.7.2 was released in 26 November 1995. Freezing a toolchain
for a released product using the toolchain is normal, but I find it
strange to encourage new projects to use a compiler which is days away
from five years old. gcc-2.7 release contained preliminary PowerPC
support which has been improved substantially.
I do not think that an argument about how much you and WRS
contribute would be beneficial, especially not on this public mailinglist.