This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: MEM flags and stack temps
- To: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Subject: Re: MEM flags and stack temps
- From: law at redhat dot com
- Date: Wed, 15 Nov 2000 09:37:37 -0700
- cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Reply-To: law at redhat dot com
In message <10011151358.AA19694@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu>you write:
> We have code to not reuse stack temps for a temporary of a different alias
> set. I think we also need to do the same thing to not reuse for differnt
> values of volatile, unchanging, scalar, and in_struct.
> But if we do that, we're essentially not sharing anymore.
For the most part, yes.
> Any thoughts here?
I don't think it's a major problem. The only area where (IMHO) it causes
problems is the ability to share space for large arrays in different