This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Makefile change to restart bootstraps
- To: aoliva at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: Makefile change to restart bootstraps
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 00 15:10:20 EST
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
I thought about that, but I rejected it because there may be times
when you don't want to restart the bootstrap, but proceed from the
stage in which you are. But that may work, indeed.
And what are those times? Aren't every one of those cases places where you
are asking for trouble by not recompiling everything with the new