This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: Generation process for cpp.1
- To: jbuck at synopsys dot com
- Subject: Re: Generation process for cpp.1
- From: kenner at vlsi1 dot ultra dot nyu dot edu (Richard Kenner)
- Date: Mon, 13 Nov 00 15:08:52 EST
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
\fP has been in every nroff/troff implemenation I have ever seen, and
I used to use it regularly in some roff stuff I wrote back in 1984 or
before. (OK, I'm old). Also, it's used heavily to implement the
various macro packages.
I'm pretty sure it's quite a bit older than that, at least since 1980.