Re: Makefile change to restart bootstraps

On Nov 13, 2000, kenner@vlsi1.ultra.nyu.edu (Richard Kenner) wrote:

> I'm sorry, but I don't follow the scenario you are talking about.
> Can you be very precise?

When I'm in bug-hunting mode, I use `make', then verify that the
modified compiler generates correct code for the test case that used
to fail.

Once I'm satisfied with the result, I type `make bootstrap'.  If I
find that it completes immediately, I recall I should have cleaned the
stamp files, so I remove them and `make bootstrap' again.