This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: V3: SPARC bug and tree freeze
- To: dewar at gnat dot com
- Subject: Re: V3: SPARC bug and tree freeze
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 04:50:21 -0800
- Cc: aj at suse dot de, gcc-bugs at gcc dot gnu dot org, gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
- References: <20001112124207.886EF34D81@nile.gnat.com>
>>>>> "Robert" == Robert Dewar <email@example.com> writes:
Robert> <<glibc is too big to use as a check-in criteria.
Robert> However, it should be part of the release testing process,
Robert> and nightly jobs to test substantial programs (like glibc)
Robert> are a Good Thing.
Robert> Is that really true with modern fast computers. In the
We already run thousands of tests before checkin, including C, C++,
Fortran, and library tests. That already takes hours for many people;
glibc takes about that same amount of time to build, even on a fast
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com