This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Switching to V3
- To: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Subject: Switching to V3
- From: Mark Mitchell <mark at codesourcery dot com>
- Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 15:07:16 -0800
- Organization: CodeSourcery, LLC
I am planning to make the switch to V3 today.
To that end, I would like people to be very careful checking things
in today. The tree is not frozen completely, but please do avoid any
Here is the procedure I am planning on doing:
- Verify that V3 builds on IRIX 6.5, Solaris 2.8, and Red Hat 6.2.
- Verify that make check-g++ produces similar (hopefully no
regressions) with and without V3.
- Make changes as required to make these conditions true.
- Investigate, and try to fix, template issues that David Edelsohn
has brought to my attention that are causing troubles on AIX.
This step is tricky because I do not have convenient access to an
At that point, we'll throw the switch. I do not anticipate major
problems, but there may be some. We will work those out in the coming
days -- this is necessary pain, and we cannot put it off forever.
Mark Mitchell firstname.lastname@example.org
CodeSourcery, LLC http://www.codesourcery.com