This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: -O2 on alphaev6 has big problems
- To: Brad Lucier <lucier at math dot purdue dot edu>
- Subject: Re: -O2 on alphaev6 has big problems
- From: Geoff Keating <geoffk at geoffk dot org>
- Date: 10 Nov 2000 10:49:42 -0800
- CC: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- References: <200011101639.eAAGdSj13757@polya.math.purdue.edu>
Brad Lucier <firstname.lastname@example.org> writes:
> What is somewhat frustrating is that while I can't get the CVS sources
> to compile my code correctly at all, I see the results on the test
> suite getting better and better.
This is a sign you aren't reporting the bugs you find. If you
reported bugs, with a small example suitable for the testsuite, they
would go into the testsuite, and then you would see the failure count
increase. Eventually, someone would fix the failure and suddenly your
code would work :-).
- Geoffrey Keating <email@example.com>