This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
Re: EGCS->GCC: Snapshot names
- To: law at redhat dot com
- Subject: Re: EGCS->GCC: Snapshot names
- From: Richard Earnshaw <rearnsha at arm dot com>
- Date: Fri, 10 Nov 2000 15:13:10 +0000
- Cc: gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org
- Cc: rearnsha at arm dot com
- Organization: ARM Ltd.
- Reply-To: rearnsha at arm dot com
> > It seems we'll have to remove the subdirectory in the CVS tree to
> > changes this. At some point we're going to need to do this. Maybe
> CVS will cooperate and DTRT if we rename the directory to "gcc" and
> leave a symlink "egcs". Then after an appropriate period we remove the
> symlink completely.
Well, to try it out, we could add gcc (or some other temporary name) as a
symlink to egcs; then if it works the converse should also work (so,
remove the gcc symlink; rename egcs to gcc and then symlink egcs to gcc).