This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the GCC project.
A sick idea - mmapped file output
- To: Zack Weinberg <zackw at stanford dot edu>
- Subject: A sick idea - mmapped file output
- From: Neil Booth <NeilB at earthling dot net>
- Date: Thu, 9 Nov 2000 00:35:48 +0100 (CET)
- cc: Bourne-again Superuser <toor at dyson dot jdyson dot com>, <gcc at gcc dot gnu dot org>
Zack Weinberg wrote:-
> At the moment I only have access to Linux on an Intel box. I have
> been told that this kernel does aggressive background readahead and
> prefaulting on mmaped files.
I believe you were using 2.2.x. FWIW 2.4.x has vastly reduced mmap
latencies owing to combining the caches.